Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Final Countdown


Pre departure thoughts:

Probably a good idea to share my thoughts at this point pre departure. Truth be known, there is probably a reflective task waiting for me in the future that will utilise this...

Less than 12 Hours until I arrive at the airport and check in for my year of in country study. Almost finished packing. Its quite hard to try and pack right when you are upending your entire life and moving for a whole year. Also, generally I tend to always forget something when I pack, I really hope that it is something insignificant.

I've travelled quite a bit during the last few years spending a week or two at a time at places both near to Sydney like the South Coast, the Blue Mountains and the Central Coast and further a field such as Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Auckland & Wellington, but I haven't travelled this far in such a long time and never for this length of time.

I'm really going to miss a lot of things here, namely family and my good friends, work and in particular the super amazing year 10s that I've worked with over the last year and a bit, my church and a few other things that will be going on this year that I will not be able to be a part of...

Also, not a fan of long haul flights. 30 hours between Sydney and Zurich, which includes a 9 hour stopover in Bangkok, Thailand. I doubt my view on that will change after this. But we'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment